Monday, July 7, 2008

Patrick Gudauskas Regains WQS Ratings Lead

The Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) World Qualifying Series (WQS) hit the halfway mark of the season at this week’s ASP WQS 6-star event, the Mr. Price Pro, held in Durban, South Africa. Vans Surf team rider, Patrick Gudauskas, who went to South Africa rated No. 2 on the ASP WQS, put in a massive effort in Durban’s ripable beachbreaks, finishing equal 3rd and reclaiming the No. 1 spot on the ASP WQS ratings. “I’ve never done well in Durban, so to get a third today is a great result for me,” Gudauskas said. “I’m really excited to be back at No. 1, it’s a very long season, so I just want to continue bettering my results.” with the biggest North American event of the year in his backyard, the 6-star honda U.S. Open in Huntington Beach, ca, Gudauskas will be looking to further cement his lead and lock in a spot on the coveted ASP dream tour.