Monday, June 15, 2009

Pat Gudauskas Finishes Second at ASP 6-Star PRIME Srilankan Airlines Pro

Congrats to team rider Patrick Gudauskas who finished runner up in an epic final despite posting a perfect 10-point-ride in an attempt to overtake the young Aussie, Owen Wright. The talented regular-footer was narrowly defeated in the high scoring Final by a score of 19.23 to 18.93.

“You know, I feel like I’ve won the event even though I lost," Gudauskas said. "It was just such an amazing event and incredible Final to surf in and I’m really stoked to have pulled those aerials. I think surfing’s heading to exciting places with these moves and I’m fully pumped for the rest of the year.”

The heroic effort by Gudauskas throughout the event will play an integral role in the Orange County native’s campaign towards qualification for the 2010 ASP World Tour. His second place finish in the event launched him into the No. 7 spot amongst his international competitors.