Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pat Gudauskas bumped up to #24 on ASP Rankings

Patrick Gudauskas (USA), 24, 2010 ASP Dream Tour rookie, punctuated the morning’s action, executing an incredible Rodeo Flip in the dying moments of his Round 3 heat to overtake Chris Davidson (AUS), 33, and advance through to Round 4.



“It was really tough out there,” Gudauskas said. “There weren’t a lot of waves coming through and I didn’t know if I should wait for the good ones or if there were even any good ones left. I knew I needed to go big at the end there so I thought, ‘whatever, I’ll just try this’. It had a really nice section and when I came out of the rotation, I knew I had it so I just kind of rode out and gave the judges a little thumbs up.”

The Califonian’s advancement to Round 4 of the Billabong Pro Tahiti guarantees an Equal 9th, a career best, and rockets him from No. 32 to No. 24 on the ASP World Title Race rankings.

“My mind is still here for the moment,” Gudauskas said. “But it’s been my dream of mine since I can remember to surf at this level at home and at Pipe, and I’m over the moon. First and foremost though, focus remains here.”

Here's some Highlights for today's action!

Labels: , , ,