Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leila Hurst Wins Arnette Women's Jrs



PRAIA DO DIABO, Rio de Janeiro/Brazil (Sunday, October 30, 2011) – Leila Hurst (HAW) has won the Arnette ASP Women’s World Junior presented by Quiksilver, topping Joanne Defay (FRA) at the backup location of Praia Do Diabo after a dominant performance on the final day of competition. Hurst was a standout throughout the event’s entirety and stormed her way through to the Final after earning a 9th place at the ASP World Junior Tour season opener, putting the Hawaiian back in contention for the elite ASP Women’s World Junior Crown.

“It was my first time in a World Junior Final and it might be my last year, so I’m so excited,” Hurst said. “I feel so blessed to be in Brazil. Everyone has been so nice and I’m just really excited. Australia is next, so who knows! Normally I get so stressed out at contests, but I just tried to relax and have fun.”

Hurst was equally efficient at both the main event location of Arpoador as well as Praia Do Diabo and was a consistent top-scorer throughout the entirety of Arnette ASP World Junior competition.

Labels: ,